Biomechanical Institute for Orthodontics
The course aims to equip general dentist with the knowledge to independently decide on treating adult patients whom need orthodontic intervention through theoretical foundations, clinical simulations, and patient management.
Biomechanics Institution for Orthodontics intends to equip and empower dentists to make sound and objective decisions in treating their adult patients with skeleto-dental malocclussions. The program is run continuously over 10 Modules over a period of 1 1/ 2 years of training and workshops covering the topics from the basics to the current trends.
Biomechanics is based on the two main paradigms: Hard tissue Paradigm (Conventional brackets & Growth Modifying Appliances) and Soft tissue Paradigm (Self Ligating & Myotrainers).
The course also incorporates T32 Dental Academy Malaysia’s philosophy of continuous learning and mentoring.
- 10 Modules
- 1 ½ Years
- Limited to Small Teaching
- Full Set of Basic Orthodontic Instruments & Materials Provided
- Continuous Mentorship & Guidance
Dr. Paolo Manzano
Dr. Manzano was an Associate Professor at the University of the East for 5 years in the undergraduate and post graduate levels until he focused on pursuing his passion for orthodontics through the Biomechanical Institute of Orthodontics study club. He conducts workshops and lectures specifically on orthodontics and on Temporary Anchorage Devices workshops, the first of its kind. He authored and co-authored in published studies such as Novel Technique for Segmental Distalisation – TAD aided Segmental Mechanics, Comparison of Collision of TADs in Salt Spray Test, & Comparison of two Bracket Recycling Techniques.
- Orientation & Introduction
- Potential Patients — Who are they?
- Evidence Based Dentistry
- Diagnosis: Chief Complaint & Problem List I &II
- Multiple perspectives of malocclusion
- Biofunctional Dentistry
- Treatment Planning
- Mechanical Principles in Orthodontic Force Control
- Tissue Reaction
- Appliance Design / Materials
- Levelling & Allignment
- Ortho – Perio Seminars
- Ortho – Pedo Seminars
- Space Consolidation
- Ortho – Surgery Seminar
- Ortho – Endo Seminar
- Ortho – Prostho Seminar
- Ortho – TMJ Seminar
- Retention & Stability
- Sagittal Cases Management
- Vertical Cases Management
- Transverse Cases Management
- Introduction, Insertion, Tooth Displacements
- Tooth Displacements, Auxiliaries, Failures
- Implant Placements
- Implant Activation
- Practice Management & Ethics