18th – 19th April 2020
It is increasingly important for general practitioner to be proficient in periodontal surgery. Periodontal surgery techniques are not routinely taught in dental school. This course is designed to enhance and develop the practitioner’s skills in basic and advanced periodontal flap surgery. The surgical procedures taught will provide a clear understanding of the technicalities of each procedure. Upon completion of this course, you would have acquired the critical skills to perform periodontal surgery in your clinical practice.
- Biology of normal periodontium
- Etiology and classification of periodontal diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Radiograohic interpretation
- Instruments and armamentarium
- Non-surfical periodontal therapy
- Surgical periodontal therapy
- Flap design
- Crown lengthening
- Gingival overgrowth
- Grafting material selection
- Suture materials
- Suturing techniques
- Guided tissue regeneration
- Post-operative care
DR. Ang Chee Wan
Dr Ang Chee Wan graduated with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree from the National University of Singapore. He also received specialist training in periodontology and graduated with a master of Dental Surgery degree. In the same year, he obtained his fellowship in periodontology from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (United Kingdom).
Dr Ang is an accredited specialist in periodontology registered with the Singapore Dental Council. He is visiting specialist at the Singapore Armed Forces and the National University Hospital. He also teaches the undergraduate and postgraduate students in the National University in Singapore. Besides teaching in the University, Dr Ang also shares his knowledge and skills in organizations like International Dental Academy (IDA) and Singapore Academy of Oral Rehabilitation and Implantology (SAORI) and he speaks frequently in local and overseas conferences.
Dr Ang is an active member in several professional organizations, including Society of Periodontology (Singapore), Aesthetic Dentistry Society of Singapore and International Team for Implantology.
As a periodontst, Dr Ang provides a comprehensive range of periodontal therapy. these include gum treatment, bone and gum graftingprocedures, aesthetic gum surgery and a full range of dental implant procedures. He has special interest in periodontal plastic surgery, implant dentistry, minimally invasive surgeries and bone regenerative procedures.
A person who constantly strives to improve the quality of his clinical care, Dr Ang spent years intensively training with th operating microscope. He is the first periodontist in the region to incorporate the operating microscope into his surgical practice.
- Biology of nomal periodontium
- Etiology of periodontal disease
- Interpretation of radiographs
- Classification of periodontal disease
- Diagnosis & treatment planning of periodontal disease
- Non-surgical periodontal therapy – Principles and instruments
- Non-surgical periodontal theraphy
- Ultrasonic vs hand instruments
- Surgical periodontal theraphy – Principles and techniques
- Surgical periodontal therapy – Selection criteria
- Flap design – Modified Widman, distal wedge,enhance scallop, double scallop etc (Hands-On)
- Gingival overgrowth – Diagnosis and treatment
- Crown lengthening – Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Crown lengthening – Gingivectomy vs flap surgery (Hands-on)
- Suturing materials
- Suturing techniques (Hands on)
- Guided Tissue Regeneration – Principles and Indications
- Guided Tissue Regeneration
- Flap design, material selection, suturing technique
- Post-operative care
- Guided Tissue Regeneration (Hands-on)