Minor Oral Surgery
1st Nov 2020
Not confident in wisdom tooth removal? Are you spending hours removing an impacted tooth? Are you worried that the nerve is too near? Are you worried about post-surgical complications? Do you want to predictably remove any simple or complicated impacted tooth without any complications? Unsure on what medications or antibiotic works the best? Keen on learning more suturing techniques? Are you looking for a live surgical training in wisdom tooth removal? Then this course is for you.
This course trains dentists to be competent in surgical management of complicated impacted wisdom tooth under local anesthesia. This course is designed mainly for general dental practitioners who are interested in wisdom tooth surgery. This course offers live surgery, which begins with a lecture and observation. Major issues like diagnostic, imaging, id nerve management, bone and tooth guttering, post complication management and suturing techniques are addressed. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to confidently remove most impacted wisdom tooth and build yourself one of the best pain free wisdom tooth removal practice.
- Diagnose and classify impaction
- To be able to raise flap based on impaction needs
- Ideal guttering of tooth and bone (for non-traumatic and fast impaction removal)
- Complicated impacted removal
- To be able to provide good local anesthetic
- Medications and complication management
Dr Ha Kien Oon
Dr. Ha completed his Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in University of Malaya in the year 1994. He obtained his Fellowship in Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons of England (FDSRCS) in 1998. He then continued to study Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in University Malaya and graduated in the year 2002. After which he underwent his houseman training in University Malaya Centre and worked as a medical officer in Hospital Ampuan Rahimah, Klang until 2016.
He was a senior lecturer in the Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Malaya from 2006 – 2012, training undergraduate and postgraduate students. He had published a few research papers in journals. He is actively involved in seminars, workshop and conferences organized locally and internationally.
Dr. Ha’s enthusiasm in learning never stop, in 2013, he successfully completed and passed his Diploma in Cosmetic Surgery (2013) of Korean College of Cosmetic Surgery (KCCS), South Korea.
Currently Dr Ha Kien Oon practices as cosmetic oral and maxillofacial surgeon at theSubang Dental Specialist Clinic where he provides services for a wide range of dental and facial cosmetic procedures.
He is a life member for the Malaysian Association of Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons, member of the Asian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is also a fellow and international member of the Korean College of Cosmetic Surgery (KCCS),South Korea.
His areas of interest include Facial cosmetic surgery, Facial trauma and reconstructive surgery, Dental and maxillofacial implantology, Management of medically compromised patients in dentistry and Medical emergencies in dental practice.
- Introduction to oral surgery
- Diagnostic and classification of impaction
- Radiograph diagnostics(IOPA/OPG/CBCT)
- Nerve and structural identification
- Sterilization procedure
- Infection control
- In depth study of local anaesthetics
- (techniques & different blocks)
- Types of flaps(flaps workshop)
- Instrument and armamentarium
- Different types of tooth morphology
- Tooth splitting and bone guttering
- Minimum traumatization protocol
- Removal of different types and angles of impaction
- Surgical clinical skills and tips
- Suturing workshop
- In depth study of medication(analgesic,antibiotics,anti-inflammatory and others)
- Possible complications
- Complication management
- Surgical management for medically compromised patients
- Live surgical demonstration