GP to GP Series: Rubberdam Masterclass 2022
1st October 2022 | 9am – 6pm
Every day we are introduced to enhanced bonding protocols in modern and contemporary dentistry. At the heart of this, is moisture control via rubberdam isolation. Many dentists are trained at a basic level to perform rubberdam isolation yet struggle when difficult cases arise and may lack the skills necessary to perform the rubberdam isolation in those cases.
Join Dr Shawn Paul as we learn the A-Z of rubberdam isolation and improve your efficiency and quality of your dentistry from the very next day. This course is suitable for beginners up to experienced rubberdam practitioners.
With 15 hands-on sessions running over 6 hours and with an additional Live Patient, this course aims to equip general dentists with the necessary knowledge and skills to efficiently and successfully incorporate rubberdam into their daily dental practice.
At the end of this masterclass, students should be confident to isolate almost any case in their daily clinical practice.
- Discuss the case selection and treatment planning for rubberdam isolation
- Rationalize single tooth isolation vs multiple teeth isolation and indications of both
- Discuss the tailor-made customizable rubberdam armamentarium which suits your style of practice
- Perform hands-on rubberdam isolation under close supervision
- Be clinically competent in placing rubberdam from the very next day
- Perform dental photography with rubberdam isolation
- Able to troubleshoot and overcome common issues faced with rubberdam isolation
Dr Shawn Paul
BDS (Manipal), MFDS RCS (Edinburgh), Resident Dentist, Kal Dental Clinic, KL, Founder of Teeth Talk Tuesday
Dr Shawn Paul graduated from Manipal University (MCODS) in 2015 and started his government service in Ipoh. He then obtained his Diploma in MFDS by Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) in 2019. He has been practising since 2016 with a deep interest in restorative dentistry.
Being passionate about continuous dental education, he hosts dental discussion sessions on his Instagram (@DrShawnPaul) and Facebook page (Dr Shawn Paul Dentist), #TeethTalkTuesday since 2019. Dr Shawn has also hosted many dental webinars online including Dental Photography, Endodontics and Rubberdamology.
Dr Shawn conducts Rubberdamology Masterclass hands-on courses in Malaysia since 2020. Dr Shawn is a firm believer that every dentist should learn and perfect the art of rubberdam placement. He has presented on Rubberdam isolation at multiple conferences locally and internationally.
Dr Shawn is currently the resident dentist at Kal Dental Clinic in Kuala Lumpur, focusing on restorative dentistry and practising with a dental operating microscope. He is currently the KOL for Sanctuary Dental.
- Rubberdam case selection
- Effective patient communication to increase rubberdam acceptance
- Local anaesthesia with rubberdam
- Operational Sequence with rubberdam
- DSA training for 4 handed dentistry with rubberdam
- Introduction to armamentarium
- Recognise how to customize rubberdam armamentarium to suit individual practitioner needs
- Winged vs wingless clamps in different clinical situations
- Soft clamp selection
- 5 types of anterior isolation
- 7 types of posterior isolation
Clinical Case Discussions
- 15 different types of anterior clinical case discussions
- 20 different types of posterior clinical case discussions + matrix technique
- 10 complicated clinical case discussions including overlay isolation, deep class 2 isolation, deep buccal isolation, distal 7s isolation and matrix selection
Live Patient Demo – Winged and wingless clamp isolation
15 Hands-On Practical for 6 hours
- Floss Tie
- Anterior Isolation – Endo Isolation
- Anterior Isolation – Multiple teeth clampless
- Anterior Isolation – Multiple teeth to Split Dam
- Anterior Isolation – Split Dam
- Posterior Isolation – Endo Isolation
- Posterior Isolation – Dam First
- Posterior Isolation – Clamp First
- Posterior Isolation – Clamp + Dam (Parachute Technique with wingless clamp)
- Posterior Isolation – Deep Isolation with Brinker Clamps
- Rubberdam Inversion
- Clamp Rock and Dam Release Technique
- Rubberdam Folding
- Liquid Dam Application
- Dental Photography with Rubberdam
Should there be a need for cancelation or withdrawal from this course with a valid reason, kindly inform us by email at email@example.com, at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the course date.
The following terms apply:
- Before 14 days prior to commencement: Store credit will be granted
- After 14 days prior to commencement: Forfeiture of any amount paid
- The management reserves the right to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All fees paid are strictly not transferable to other courses.