23rd, 24th & 25th April
Over the past decade, there has been a growing demand for indirect adhesive restorations around the world which can be attributed to the ability to restore dentition using minimally invasive approach and to avoid complications associated with conventional fixed dental prostheses. However, to date, the conventional fixed dental prostheses are still often used as part of simple or complex prosthodontic treatment plan. Therefore, an adoption of both conventional and adhesive approaches is always needed to contribute a reliable and high-quality prosthodontic treatment outcome.
This Interactive three – day course will discuss the contemporary and fundamental concepts of treatment planning, clinical challenges, various fixed prosthodontic treatment options and techniques based on current evidence. The participants will be given an opportunity to update and improve their clinical skills as well as tips and tricks to provide high-quality fixed prosthodontic works in their daily clinical setting. This course is intended to allow clinicians to consolidate their skills in order to treat prosthodontic cases using both conventional and minimally invasive approaches with confidence.
- Discuss the case selection and treatment planning in contemporary prosthodontic cases
- Discuss the material selection
- Rationalize the indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages and principles of tooth preparation for each type of indirect restorations
- Preform the step-by step tooth preparation, impression, provisional restoration, surface treatment and cementation protocol of indirect fixed dental prostheses.
- Optimize and plan the designs of indirect fixed dental prostheses.
- Clinical problem solving in fixed prosthodontics.
DR LIM TONG WAH
Dr. Lim qualified in Dentistry from Faculty of Dentistry, University of Malaya in 2006. He was a MoHE scholar for his full-time specialist training in Prosthodontics at the Dental Institute at Guy’s Hospital, King’s College London, and passed with full marks in the Membership in Prosthodontics Examination, Royal College of Surgeon, Edinburgh in 2012. He later obtained a Fellowship in Advanced Periodontology and Implantology from University of Genova, Italy in 2016. In 2019, he received the IDCMR scholarship for the Faculty Exchange Programme of Prosthodontics in Mahidol University, Thailand.
Dr. Lim is currently an Associate Professor in Prosthodontics at the Faculty of Dentistry, Universiti Teknologi MARA and an accredited specialist in Prosthodontics registered with National Specialist Register and Academy of Medicine. He also serves as a visiting consultant at a private specialist centre in Kuala Lumpur limited to prosthodontics and aesthetic dentistry. He serves as the President of the Malaysian Association of Aesthetic Dentistry, Assistant Secretary of the Asian Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and Council Member of the Malaysian Association for Prosthodontics, and the founder of Dentalville Dental Clinic.
- Comprehensive Treatment Planning in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Materials Selection
- Dental Photography
- Occlusion in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Shade Selection
- Diagnostic Wax-Up
- Conventional Fixed Prostheses Tooth Preparation
- Crown preparation for anterior tooth (PFM)
- Resin-Bonded Bridge
- Conventional bridge preparation for anterior teeth (All Ceramic)
Adhesive Indirect Restorations Tooth Preparation
- Inlay, Onlay, Vonlay, Overlay
- Resin-bonded bridge (PFM & All Ceramics & Fibre-Reinforced)
- Management of Endodontically Treated Tooth
- Post & Core & Endocrown
- Restorations for Endodontically Treated Tooth
- Impression & Gingival Displacement Techniques Temporization
- Temporization for Indirect Adhesive Restoration
- Layering & Staining Technique (Anterior)
- Finishing and Polishing
- Long-Term Temporization
- Inlay, overlay and endocrown preparation for posterior teeth Post & Core
- followed by crown preparation (All Ceramic)
- Laboratory Prescription
- Indirect Restorations Try-In (Conventional & Adhesive)
- Surface Treatments & Cementation
- Finishing & Polishing of Indirect Restoration
- Maintenance (Repair)
- Impression Techniques
- Surface Treatments
- Gold or Metal Alloys
- Indirect Composites
- Lithium Disilicate