24th, 25th & 26th JUNE 2022
Over the past decade, there has been a growing demand for indirect adhesive restorations around the world which can be attributed to the ability to restore dentition using minimally invasive approach and to avoid complications associated with conventional fixed dental prostheses. However, to date, the conventional fixed dental prostheses are still often used as part of simple or complex prosthodontic treatment plan. Therefore, an adoption of both conventional and adhesive approaches is always needed to contribute a reliable and high-quality prosthodontic treatment outcome.
This Interactive three – day course will discuss the contemporary and fundamental concepts of treatment planning, clinical challenges, various fixed prosthodontic treatment options and techniques based on current evidence. The participants will be given an opportunity to update and improve their clinical skills as well as tips and tricks to provide high-quality fixed prosthodontic works in their daily clinical setting. This course is intended to allow clinicians to consolidate their skills in order to treat prosthodontic cases using both conventional and minimally invasive approaches with confidence.
- Discuss the case selection and treatment planning in contemporary prosthodontic cases
- Discuss the material selection
- Rationalize the indications, contraindications, advantages, disadvantages and principles of tooth preparation for each type of indirect restorations
- Preform the step-by step tooth preparation, impression, provisional restoration, surface treatment and cementation protocol of indirect fixed dental prostheses.
- Optimize and plan the designs of indirect fixed dental prostheses.
- Clinical problem solving in fixed prosthodontics.
Associate Professor Dr. Prema Sukumaran
Associate Professor Dr. Prema Sukumaran graduated from University of Malaya before completing her specialist training with distinction in Prosthodontics at King’s College in London. She has a Membership in Prosthodontics and Fellowship in Dental Surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Currently, she is working as a senior lecturer at the Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Malaya. Dr. Prema is involved in clinical and research supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students. Her research interest focuses on obtaining a fundamental understanding of dental hard tissue pathologies, in particular erosive wear lesions (or dental erosion) and dental caries, as well as to develop and test clinical strategies for the early detection and prevention of these conditions. Dr. Prema has authored peer reviewed journals in national and international publications. She also practices both intramurally and in private practice in restorative dentistry in general and prosthodontics specifically.
Dr. Nurul Huda Hasan
Dr. Nurul Huda Hasan graduated Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in 2004 before joining the oral surgery department HKL for 10 years. She then had a stint of working in Dubai where she sat for MFDS exam in Abu Dhabi. She completed a Comprehensive Certification Licensing in Implantology offered by the University of Berne, Switzerland and the University of Sharjah, UAE in 2013. She later obtained the MSc of Aesthetic Dentistry in the year of 2013. She was also nominated as Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD) in 2014. Dr. Nurul’s interest in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry had brought her to numerous places for trainings and lectures, having been given the responsibility to be the Key Opinion Leader for few principals in Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry’s materials and products.
Dr. Nurul is the former President of the Malaysian Association of Aesthetic Dentistry, Vice President of the Asian Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and recently had been elected as the Country Coordinator for the European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry in 2019. Her areas of interest are on the analogue and digital smile designs, prefabricated composite resin as an option in smile designing, composite resins and adhesive. Currently, Dr. Nurul is a PhD student in Universiti Teknologi Mara, academic coordinator in The Dental Academy and maintains her clinical practice with some established private practices around KL.
- Comprehensive Treatment Planning in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Materials Selection
- Dental Photography
- Occlusion in Fixed Prosthodontics
- Shade Selection
- Diagnostic Wax-Up
- Conventional Fixed Prostheses Tooth Preparation
- Crown preparation for anterior tooth (PFM)
- Resin-Bonded Bridge
- Conventional bridge preparation for anterior teeth (All Ceramic)
Adhesive Indirect Restorations Tooth Preparation
- Inlay, Onlay, Vonlay, Overlay
- Resin-bonded bridge (PFM & All Ceramics & Fibre-Reinforced)
- Management of Endodontically Treated Tooth
- Post & Core & Endocrown
- Restorations for Endodontically Treated Tooth
- Impression & Gingival Displacement Techniques Temporization
- Temporization for Indirect Adhesive Restoration
- Layering & Staining Technique (Anterior)
- Finishing and Polishing
- Long-Term Temporization
- Inlay, overlay and endocrown preparation for posterior teeth Post & Core
- followed by crown preparation (All Ceramic)
- Laboratory Prescription
- Indirect Restorations Try-In (Conventional & Adhesive)
- Surface Treatments & Cementation
- Finishing & Polishing of Indirect Restoration
- Maintenance (Repair)
- Impression Techniques
- Surface Treatments
- Gold or Metal Alloys
- Indirect Composites
- Lithium Disilicate