Masterclass in Veneering
9th, 10TH & 11TH December 2022
Aesthetic & cosmetic dentistry has tremendously shift how patients perceive dentistry which used to be a taboo for only disease, pain and the need to seek treatment only when necessary. The increase in demand for a more comprehensive treatment in improving one’s appearance has become one of the main requests from patients in dentistry.
With the new advances in adhesive, restorative and aesthetic for the past few years, clinicians more often than not are always boggled with the options for a more effective and efficient treatment planning. Many factors come into the role of determining which option is feasible, possible and able to provide function optimally.
In this 3-day comprehensive course, Dr Nurul and Dr Army Empol will be hand-in-hand providing you with the understanding of laminate veneers, adhesive and cases selection, options of direct veneers or indirect veneers, understanding the failures of veneers, the importance of functional occlusion and optimising your skills and treatment execution to minimise unnecessary complications throughout the treatment process.
- Aesthetic Analysis and Smile Design from analogue to digital planning.
- Applying Aesthetic rules in clinical action.
- Able to determine the possibility to opt for direct minimally invasive treatments to apply to Aesthetic Smile design.
- Apply basic dental photography into dental aesthetic work.
- Learn the importance of moisture control and isolation in dental aesthetic work.
- Able to do shade matching effectively.
- Able to do selection between different types of ceramics.
- The importance of occlusion in treatment planning.
- Adhesion step by step including the importance of surface treatment.
- Dental veneers from planning to cementation.
- Laboratory prescription and error usually made.
- The troubleshooting of Dental Veneers.
Dr. Army Empol
Dr. Army Empol received his BDS degree from University of Malaya, Malaysia in 1994. He obtained his Master of Science in conservative dentistry from Eastman Dental Institute, UCL, United Kingdom in 1998. He is an adjunct clinical lecturer in the department of conservative dentistry at UM and UKM.
He is currently in private practice focusing in non-invasive cosmetic dentistry with an interest in direct and indirect bonded restorations. Besides dentistry, he is a keen adventurer to places off the beaten track and exotic destinations like Bhutan, outer Mongolia, Peru and Bolivia. He loves the nature trail and has been to the peak of Mt Kilimanjaro.
Dr. Nurul Huda Hasan
Dr. Nurul Huda Hasan graduated Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) in 2004 before joining the oral surgery department HKL for 10 years. She then had a stint of working in Dubai where she sat for MFDS exam in Abu Dhabi. She completed a Comprehensive Certification Licensing in Implantology offered by the University of Berne, Switzerland and the University of Sharjah, UAE in 2013. She later obtained the MSc of Aesthetic Dentistry in the year of 2013. She was also nominated as Fellow of the International College of Dentists (FICD) in 2014. Dr. Nurul’s interest in Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry had brought her to numerous places for trainings and lectures, having been given the responsibility to be the Key Opinion Leader for few principals in Restorative and Aesthetic Dentistry’s materials and products.
Dr. Nurul is the former President of the Malaysian Association of Aesthetic Dentistry, Vice President of the Asian Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and recently had been elected as the Country Coordinator for the European Society of Cosmetic Dentistry in 2019. Her areas of interest are on the analogue and digital smile designs, prefabricated composite resin as an option in smile designing, composite resins and adhesive. Currently, Dr. Nurul is a PhD student in Universiti Teknologi Mara, academic coordinator in The Dental Academy and maintains her clinical practice with some established private practices around KL.
- Introduction: Aesthetic Dentistry
- Comprehensive Aesthetic Treatment
- Functional & aesthetic analysis
- Analogue / conventional smile designing
- Digital Smile Analysis
- DSD App
- Digital Dental Photography
- Live & Demo
- Shade Selection Techniques
- Conventional Shade Selection
- Digital Shade Selection
- E Lab Protocol
- Matrix Fabrication
- Preparation of silicon index
- Importance of accurate matrix
- Moisture Control techniques
- The importance of moisture control
- Techniques of moisture control
- Preparation techniques for direct veneers
- Peg shape laterals
- Class IV
- Class III
- Class V
- Direct composite veneering –
- Natural layering
- Polychromatic layering
- Layering maps
- Finishing & characterisation :
- Techniques and tips Primary, secondary, tertiary anatomy
- Polishing techniques
- Indirect Veneers (labial veneer, palatal veneer & vonlay)
- Materials selection
- Occlusion in Aesthetic Dentistry
- Diagnostic Wax-Up & Aesthetic Mock-Up
- Veneer Designs and Tooth Preparations
- Impression & Gingival Displacement
- Temporization for Veneers
- Layering & Staining Technique (Anterior)
- Finishing and Polishing
- Laboratory Prescription
- Veneers Try-In
- Surface Treatment & Cementation
- Maintenance (Repair)
- Diagnostic Wax-Up
- Aesthetic Mock-Up
- Indirect veneers preparation techniques
- Preparation Guides
- Impression Techniques & Gingival
- Displacement Techniques
- Spot – Etch & Temporary
- Layering & Staining Technique
- Finishing & Polishing
- Surface Treatments
- Indirect Composites
- Lithium Disilicate
- Porcelain Repair
Should there be a need for cancelation or withdrawal from this course with a valid reason, kindly inform us by email at email@example.com, at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the course date.
The following terms apply:
- Before 14 days prior to commencement: Store credit will be granted
- After 14 days prior to commencement: Forfeiture of any amount paid
- The management reserves the right to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All fees paid are strictly not transferable to other courses.